Thursday, April 11, 2024

Voodoo Lily stinkin' & bloomin' in my basement!

 Oh my goodness, it wasn't an exaggeration when others described the powerful aroma emitted by the Voodoo Lily flower. I have to admit I was a bit scared at first to experience the fragrance of death and the fact that I had to endure the stench in my house in the middle of winter. I had always hoped that bloom would mature only when it was safe to place the plant outside but alas, it was not to be so.

Growing at a rate of about an inch per day, the inflorescence finally matured and blossomed on April 5th, 2024.

I invtied Tyler Clarke, a reporter from Sudbury.com to witness the event and he shares the experience in the following news article. 

Photo credit: Tyler Clark, Sudury.com

A few days later, I received a call from Jim Moodie from The Sudbury Star and Matilda was featured again in the news. You can read the full story here!


Photo credit: Jim Moodie, The Sudbury Star